It is important that all house churches have a firm foundation on which they base all the activities. This foundation then acts a guide to keep us on course and against which we can check ourselves. It is for this reason that a small group of us got together to prayerfully draw up the following statement of faith,
- The Bible is the inspired, inerrant word of God and is to be taught clearly and without compromise.
- In one true, eternal, living God, who is sovereign over all things, who exists eternally in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Being one, they are equal in deity, power, and glory.
- God the Father is the source of all that exists, whether of matter or spirit. He made man and woman in His own image.
- The deity of Jesus Christ is expressed through the virgin birth, His sinless life, atoning death, resurrection and ascension.
- All men and women are born sinful and they are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
- Baptism by full immersion in water should take place in obedience to Scripture as soon as possible after a person becomes a Christian.
- The Lord’s death is to be remembered by true believers through sharing a simple meal of bread and wine, as Jesus Christ commanded.
- In the baptism of believers by the Holy Spirit and that the spiritual gifts should flow freely to build up the church.
- In the justification and sanctification of the believer through the finished work of Jesus Christ.
- The true Church is a universal body, known as “the body of Christ”. It is made up of redeemed believers only and Jesus Christ is head over it.
- The Jews are God’s chosen people and central to His purposes for mankind. God has promised the Jews the land of Israel as an eternal and undivided possession.
- The church is a co-heir with the Jews of God’s promises, but it has in no way replaced them in His love or purposes.
- The need for every believer to prepare himself or herself spiritually for the bodily return of Jesus Christ to rule and reign.
- In the eternal punishment of the lost and the eternal joy of the redeemed